There are a sizable numbers of universities in the UAE. The public institutions only accept UAE nationals as students, but private establishments are open to both expatriate and local students. Most university campuses in Dubai are located at Dubai International Academic City, a purpose built free zone for tertiary academic institutions. The courses and qualifications on offer include certificates and diplomas, Associate, Bachelor and Master Degrees, also Doctorates.
Most of the private universities in the UAE have educational links with overseas institutions. These may take the following forms:
- Accreditation by overseas universities or professional bodies
- Collaboration with overseas universities in the development of degree programmes
- Validation or moderation of exams
- Staff or student exchanges
The admission requirements vary significantly between universities in the UAE, and very much depend on the course and qualification being applied for. Generally speaking however, international establishments that conduct classes in English require TOEFL or IELTS certification from students to demonstrate their proficiency in the English language.
We also offer two types of services for young adults who are preparing to enter international universities in the UAE:
- We can help prepare the package of required documents and assist with the whole application process for the chosen university in the UAE. Many institutions require the submission of a ‘personal statement’ detailing a student’s attributes and why a student has chosen a particular university and course. Our tutors can review your ‘personal statement’ and suggest ways to make it stand out from the crowd.
- Our language training school in Dubai offers preparation courses for all the major tests in English fluency, namely, TOEFL, IELTS and ESOL. The preparation course aims to enhance your English language skills and help you score high marks in the test. We also provide information on how, when and where to enrol for exams. We recommend a 40 academic hour preparation course as a minimum, in order to score reasonable marks in TOEFL, IELTS or ESOL exams. This recommendation assumes that applicants already have an intermediate or upper-intermediate level of English fluency.